Saturday, July 2, 2011

Bryanna Graduates from Summer Steps!

Keystone SMILES has an amazing program and a wonderful opportunity for kids entering kindergarten!  Bryanna spent the last 3 weeks going to school!  It was a wonderful preview to what she can expect to experience this fall.  She had class in one of the kindergarten rooms, ate lunch in the cafeteria, and played on the playground.  She was able to go to the gym and the library, and learned about green, yellow, and red cards.  She learned the pledge of allegiance, improved her writing, and learned a little about playing with friends and listening to teachers.  She loved her 3 weeks of school, and now is REALLY looking forward to fall and catching that big yellow school bus!  Here are some shots from her Summer Steps Graduation Day!


Receiving her certificate from Miss Jaime and Miss Bethany.


She was so excited the first day to learn that her friend Brandon sat beside her in the classroom!! 


And Bryanna with her teacher Miss Jaime.  Bryanna talked and talked about Miss Jaime, and loved her to pieces!!


And proudly displaying her certificate!  Oh, please allow the next 13 years to slow down!!  It brings tears to my eyes thinking this will be her someday with her diploma!

A funny story from school:
One day on our way home from school Bryanna said, "Momma, I need to tell you something, but you have to pinkie promise me you won't tell Daddy".  I agreed, and reached my hand to the backseat to complete the deal.  Bryanna continued to tell me that a boy had asked her to be his girlfriend during school that day.  My heart skipped a beat --- already?!  I asked what she said, and she said, "Momma, I couldn't say anything, the teacher was talking and it's against the rules to talk when the teacher is talking!".  Ahhhh....a little girl that follows the rules!  May all the boys in her future ask her out while the teacher is talking!! 

And for the record, I continued to ask his name and other information about him. I didn't know him or his parents, so the next day I questioned Miss Jaime about him.  She said he was an excellent little guy!

Oh, and they are not a couple.  Unfortunately, he's shorter than Bryanna, and in Bryanna's little mind, the boy must be taller than the girl!  Whew!


No comments:

Post a Comment